CALLING ALL FILM MAKERS!
BFI is running a high-level national talent development project for 16-19 year olds for Animation & Video Effects.
Forty young people from around the UK will be invited to join the residential academy. This consists of an introductory day followed by a residential week over the spring half term. The cost ranges from £0 to £210 and the students will be responsible for their travel – a generous bursary scheme ensures that costs will not prevent any filmmaker from taking part. Visit the Bursary scheme to find out more.
During the course you will:
• Make an animated film or VFX sequence
• Be offered bespoke careers and training sessions leading to a potential work placement
• Build your professional on-line portfolio
• Work with industry specialists to hone your skills
• Understand how to find work and training in this sector
• Develop your understanding of film-making language
• Attend film screenings and networking events
• Industry visit
• Receive 6 months follow up careers and training support
• . . . . . . . . . . have a fantastic time
Accommodation details – Gillwell park is the scouts headquarters and is set in lovely woodland and fields in Chingford. They have an exiting range of activities that you will be making use of during some of the evenings. You will be staying in a purpose built dormitory. You will be sharing rooms in groups of two, three or four and each room has en-suite facilities with a shower. Our trainers and tutors will be staying there to ensure all round care and support. There is also a canteen and study room where you can work in the evenings if needed.
Training Venue – You will be training at the hub at City and Islington College. This is a modern, £15M, purpose built media training centre with training rooms, filming studios, sound rooms, theatres and chill out areas. You will commute by bus from the accommodation in Chingford.
Dates for the project are:
Applications open: 2/10/16
Deadline for returned applications: 6/12/16 – 5pm
Applicants informed of decision by: 13/12/16
Introduction day: Saturday 21/1/17
Residential: Sunday 12th – Saturday 18th February 2017
Download the application form here –
HAVE A LOOK AT THE COURSE PROMO VIDEO…
AND HERE’S SOME OF THE WORK CREATED IN PREVIOUS YEARS…
Further videos can be found at the link below;