LOVE FILM? LOVE BOOKS? WELL HERE IS A COMPETITION YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN!
Author Teri Terry has launched a nationwide competition for the creation of a trailer to promote her latest teenage novel, Mind Games! Keen? Here’s what you need to do…
Step 1: Read Mind Games
Step 2: Film and edit a trailer
Step 3: Upload it to YouTube then post a link in the comments section of Teri’s blog, link below.
What is the prize?
Mainland UK entries: an event by me at your school or library. One set of my signed books (Mind Games, Slated, Fractured and Shattered), bookmarks, and a card written by me and signed to each of those who took part in making the trailer.
When does it take place?
It is open NOW! And closes on 30th September 2015.
Who can enter?
Anyone! There will be one prize for Mainland UK entries, and one prize for the rest of the world. You can be a reading group, a book group, an English class, a few friends, or an individual. But you do have to nominate a school or a library for the Mainland UK prize, as detailed below.
A few hints…
- A book trailer should make people want to read the book, without giving too much of the plot away.
- Short and snappy is good: less than a minute or two is usually best.
The picky stuff:
- My publisher, Orchard Books, and myself will choose the winners. Our decision is final. There may be more prizes, at our discretion.
- Please don’t use stuff you don’t have rights to – so for eg, don’t use music, images or footage that you need permission to use.
- In your comments posting the link to your trailer, please say the country you live in, and your school or library.
- The event for the Mainland UK winner by me will be at a mutually agreed date and location, and will include a talk and Q&A for up to an hour, and a book signing session.
- I may remove links to any trailers deemed offensive, at my discretion.
- By entering and posting a link to your trailer, you are giving permission for my publisher and me to use the trailer as we see fit.